Tuesday, 2 April 1985, 9:28 AM

This week is my brother’s birthday. Jack, my brother, turns 22. We found a dog about 2 weeks ago. I found out 2 days ago that he’s a 100% pure breed Alaskan husky; worth about $375.00. Jack’s going to sell him because where he’s moving to they don’t allow pets. This easter we are going to Iowa to visit my aunt & uncle and their 2 kids because last month, it was exactly a year since their daughter, my cousin, about my age, got hit by a semi and died while riding with her brother.

My dad’s doctor said that he has about 1 ½ years to live, but we shouldn’t worry that much because when he was in the hospital in October one docter said he’d never make it out alive and another said he only had 2 weeks. He’s still alive and out of the hospital.

About a week ago we had a grass fire and burned practically half our back yard and we have a Big back yard!

Last month my brother Jarrett moved to The City and the month before, my sister got married. So, lately our family have been very active. We’re also planning, for summer vacation, a trip around the U.S. in a camper. Around last christmas, we also went 600 miles from here to visit my dad’s relatives. We’re planning on living here in Springfield, in the U.S., in North America, on the earth, in the universe, all our lives. The End.

P.S. My 5-year-old sister is a triplet, but after they were born, her 2 brothers, Sam and Steve, died. We’re going to tell her this summer, Susie that is, all about it.


What's Happening in the World
  • We Are The World tops charts, followed by Can't Fight This Feeling (REO Speedwagon); The Breakfast Club is in theaters; on TV The Dukes of Hazzard ends and Moonlighting debuts
  • Gorbachev is now Soviet leader; Reagan Administration pushes need for "Star Wars" space defense program in light of Russian laser weapon research
  • FDA approves first blood test for AIDS, screening of blood donations begins
  • Computer company registers first dot-com website domain (symbolics.com)