6 September 1983

My Goals for this Quarter

This year I expect good grades because I am going to try hard, study in my room, and check over my work.

In math I expect As and Bs because it’s not too hard for me and I’m going to work extra hard on the decimals and dollar signs.

In social studies I expect Bs because I’m going to study hard and stop day-dreaming and watching television.

In science, I’m going to improve by helping and volunteering in experiments and things, so I expect Bs and maybe As.

In spelling, I’m going to make sure every word is memorized and studied. I expect to get As in spelling.

In Religion, one christian value I’m going to work on is controlling my temper. Instead of getting angry and start yelling at my brothers and sisters when ever they mess up my room or play in it, I’m going to sit down and ask them why they did it. They probably just do it because they want me to play with them. I expect around As and Bs.

Thank You.


What's Happening in the World
  • Weird Al releases first album, with hits I Love Rocky Road and Another One Rides The Bus; Risky Business and Cujo are in theaters
  • US-Russian arms talks break down again, arms race marches on
  • Russians shoot down Korean airliner; Filipino opposition leader Aquino assassinated
  • Apple IIe comes out, Steve Jobs begins donation program to get computers in schools; Nintendo releases original Mario Bros.