11 September 1985

“Filled With the Holy Spirit”

r (reporter): me
H.S. (Holy Spirit): Holy Spirit

r: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. This is Jolie reporting for the Daily Informer. I am standing before the residence of the 11 apostles, followers of Jesus before his death. A very amazing event took place here in Jerusalem at nine in the morning today. I have here the man responsible for this miracle. Holy Spirit, can you explain exactly what you did for these fine young men?

H.S.: Yes. I decided that these apostles needed more confidence; to feel more sure of themselves. So I came to them as tongues of fire. Then I divided myself equally among them and settled in their souls. Right away I began working them, giving them each their own foreign language to speak with.

r: Holy Spirit, what is the meaning of speaking in foreign languages?

H.S.: I gave them the gift of tongues, so to speak, to show the world that all people speak the same language when speaking of God and Jesus.

r: Mr. Spirit, why did you use fire to resemble yourself?

H.S.: That is quite simple. Fire is a great force from God, as I am. Entering them as I did today was to rebuild or rekindle a fire of faith within them.

r: Well, thank you very much for joining us today, Holy Spirit. This is Jolie reporting for The Daily Informer.


What's Happening in the World
  • Pete Rose becomes MLB all-time hit leader; on the radio: We Don't Need Another Hero (Tina Turner)
  • Fugitive WWII POW in US comes forward after 40 years; GTE Government Systems pleads guilty to conspiring to illegally obtain internal Pentagon docs
  • Series of riots break out in the UK; Salvadoran President's daughter kidnapped
  • 47% of Americans falsely believe AIDS can spread through casual contact