9 September 1985

“Turning Points”

The turning point in my cousins’ lives is when their sister died in a truck accident. The difference it made is that now they are a lot nicer and prepared.

A turning point in Miss Meyer’s life is when she took this job as principal. The difference it made is that she knows what it’s like in a small, christian school and she knows a lot of kids.

One turning point is when my dad got sick. The difference it made is I did a lot of praying and learned a lot about what God wants and expects.

Another turning point is when my sister Susie was born. The difference is that I was finally old enough to remember when she was born in future years and I was old enough to help take care of her.

A third turning point in my life is around when I turned 13. I started maturing and didn’t act like a baby anymore (or a little kid).


What's Happening in the World
  • On the radio: St. Elmo's Fire (John Parr), Cherish (Kool & The Gang)
  • Reagan endorses sanctions against South African apartheid
  • Failed coup attempt in Thailand kills 2 NBC News journalists
  • First artificial heart to donor heart transition; kids with AIDS banned from school