4 September 1985

“Prioritizing My Values”

The following things are all things which I value greatly in life: Mom, sisters, brothers, God, puppies, friends, Grandma, Father Jim, dreams, the promise of eternity in Heaven, cousins, privacy, freedom.

My prioritized list of 10 values is (in order):
1. God
2. the promise of eternity in Heaven
3. Mom
4. sisters
5. brothers
6. cousins
7. friends
8. Grandma
9. dreams
10. puppies

Why do I value the things listed so much? I value the things I have listed so much because everyday or night they are in my thoughts.

I value God most because He has done more for me than most people could imagine. My dad’s death has brought us extremely close. The promise of eternity in Heaven was given to my mom for our whole family by Jesus (which makes it important) through the gift of tongues (hard to believe, but true).

My sisters & brothers are important because I’ve lived and grown with them my whole life. My friends are important because they care about me and they’re people my own age I can talk to. My cousins have more value to me than my friends I decided because they are the ones that really care deeply about me and are never afraid to comfort me or give me a hug.

My grandma is important because I feel a part of me belongs to her and she understands more than people would think she would.

My dreams are like wonderful movies I see on T.V., except they’re free and don’t take up any valuable time. Stories have always fascinated me and the best thing about these stories are that I’m in them.

Last of all the puppies are important to me because I have had two dogs which I loved dearly get killed (which brought me closer already) and because puppies are my favorite types of pets. These puppies I have known since they were very little and mothered them right away since they came. Now they follow me like a parent.


What's Happening in the World
  • On the radio: Money For Nothing (Dire Straits), Power Of Love (Huey Lewis & The News)
  • House Intelligence Committee announces it will investigate Oliver North's involvement with Nicaraguan Contras, hearings cancelled and Iran-Contra affair continues unchecked for over a year
  • Titanic shipwreck is found; stereo sound comes to broadcast TV