23 October 1985

“Modern Apostles”

If I were Jesus, and I had to choose 12 people alive today to serve as my Apostles, I would pick the following people for these reasons:

1. Mr. Albertson because he’s an influencial teacher and knows what he’s doing.

2. Grace Cary because she really enjoys Jesus and even though some people criticized her for being so active, she loves everyone.

3. Fred Knapp because he’s always really kind to me when I meet him in the store even though at first I made fun of him. He even gave me a necklace for Christmas.

4. Mrs. Edna Knapp because she spent her spare time making a Cabbage Patch Kid for my sister and she’s real active as a christian, too.

5. Father Jim because he really loves children and he let my older brother FLY his plane!

6. Mrs. Stopol because she has a lot of patience and when she does get mad, she reads from the Bible.

7. My mom because she always goes to prayer meetings and has influenced at least 30 people to join her when she goes.

8. Mrs. Graven because she is very influencial and energetic, besides being considerate and a good teacher.

9. Miss Monrovia because she understands children and listens with concern to their complaints and problems and handles things with ease.

10. My sister Susie because she is a young, energetic, and intelligent child with a sense of humor as well.

11. Rose Zurek because she, at her age, is still very religious, generous, & kind in spite of her half-poverty.

12. Bishop Weisner because he’s always helping others in celebrations and taking time off to spend with his relatives.


What's Happening in the World
  • On the radio: Saving All My Love For You (Whitney Houston), Miami Vice Theme (Jan Hammer)
  • John A. Walker, Navy officer turned KGB spy, convicted and sent to prison for espionage, along with his brother and son
  • Nintendo releases NES in the US, with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt, reviving struggling video game industry