6 November 1985

“Personal Symbols”

No symbol is perfect. However, some symbols do help us to understand more about ourselves than other symbols do. I have chosen the following symbols to represent certain things about myself:

I am like the color white because I am fairly bright and with one idea as to how to be or what to wear I’ll change to that way – like white can be changed with a dot of red or a splotch of blue.

I am like a puppy because I follow behind and can learn new tricks or ways of doing things and when I get older I’m more independent.

I am like the carnation because I don’t come in big groups like other flowers and I’m not all fancy with bright colors and in a nice design like the snapdragon.

I am like a coffee pot because when people like my sisters & brothers make me mad, I hold it in and get hotter and hotter till I get so mad, I pour it all out.

I am like a Weeping Willow because I am about medium height compared to the other trees. I just hang in the wind and sway any which way anyone pushes me. If someone said something mean to me I would act mean until someone said something nice to me.


What's Happening in the World
  • On NBC: Wheel of Fortune, Days of Our Lives, Highway to Heaven, St. Elsewhere, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson
  • Guerrillas storm the Colombian Palace of Justice; among 115 killed were nearly half of Colombia's Supreme Court Justices
  • French secret service admit to bombing Greenpeace ship, killing photographer
  • Stan and Jan Berenstain, authors of the Berenstain Bears, appear on the Today Show